Here are the "official" system requirments for Vampire, as announced by John Heinecke (brand manager for Vampire @ Activision).
- 100% DirectX 7 compliant 3-D Hardware Accelerator card and drivers*
- 233 MHz Pentium II ® processor
- 64 MB of RAM
- A 100% Windows ® 95/98 compatible computer system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card, and input devices)
- English language Windows 95/98 operating system
- 720 MB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files, plus 80 MB for the Windows swap file
- Quad Speed CD-ROM drive (600K/sec. sustained transfer rate)
- DirectX 7 for Windows 95/98 (included)
- 100% DirectX 7.0 or higher compatible sound card.
- 100% Microsoft compatible mouse and driver
- CD Audio (Redbook) support
- Multiplayer Requirements:
- Internet and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
- Internet play requires a 100% Windows (r) 95/98 compatible 28.8 Kbps (or faster) modem.
*3-D ACCELERATOR CARD REQUIRED
A 100% DirectX 7 or higher compliant video card and driver with z-buffering capability is recommended. Vampire: The Masquerade-Redemption uses Microsoft’s Direct 3D to support 3-D hardware acceleration. It has been tested on many but not all of the major cards incorporating the chipsets listed below. Some 3-D accelerator card brands utilizing the chipsets whose names appear on this box may not be fully compatible with the 3-D acceleration features of Vampire: The Masquerade-Redemption. For a list of the cards and drivers that have been tested, please visit http://www.activision.com.
Supported Chipsets for Windows 95/98**
- 3DFX Banshee 3DFX Voodoo II 3DFX Voodoo III
- NVidia TNT NVidia TNT 2 NVidia TNT 2 Ultra
- GeForce 256 Matrox G400 ATI Rage 128
**Some but not all of the cards with the chipsets listed above have been tested on Windows 2000. For Windows 2000 3D support, please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% Windows 2000 DirectX 7 compliant drivers.